What is Condo Insurance?
Condo Insurance is designed for individuals who live in a unit structure owned and insured by a condo association, townhouse association cooperative, homeowner's association, planned community or other similar type of organization.
The insurance the association provides only covers the outside dwelling, not the contents of your unit, so it's important to consider purchasing this type of insurance to protect against personal property losses and your liability.
Typical Benefits of a Condo Insurance Policy:
- Coverage for damage to personal property such as furniture, computer equipment and clothing.
- Fills in the gaps of the master insurance policy and covers losses under master policy deductibles.
- Personal and premise liability coverage.
- Coverage for the interior walls and floor coverings.
- Coverage for improvements or upgrades (most master insurance policies only cover the original condition and value of the unit).
- Usually has a small deductible and is fairly inexpensive.
Contact us to learn more about the right condo insurance for you.